This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site .
Social Style is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
2. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
IP address (automatically collected);
web browser type and version (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
3. We collect Data in the following ways:
data is given to us by you; and
data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
4. Social Style will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
when you contact us through the Website, e-mail or through any other means;
when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
Data that is collected automatically
5. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
6. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used for the following reasons:
internal record keeping;
transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
7. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
8. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via opt-in or soft-opt-in:
soft-opt-in consent is a specific type of content which applies when you have previously engaged with us (e.g. you contact us and ask for more details on a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar product/services). Under “soft-opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when contenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how, see the section “Your rights” below.
9. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of the contact between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Keeping Data secure
10. We will use technical and organisation measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that is unique to you.
we store your Data on secure servers.
12. Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent. You can see more about these rights at: www.ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
13. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent, please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
14. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.